Tuesday, March 1, 2011

All Wrapped UP

Happy Tuesday, Everyone!

What's so great about Tuesday, you ask? Well, let me tell you:
1.  The dreaded Monday has come and gone
2.  After today, the week is almost half over.
3.  Tomorrow is hump day. (*giggles*...sorry, had to)
4.  Today was SUPER productive. Well, for me at least.

Speaking of productive, I was a busy little bee today. I managed to finish two pairs of earrings and two wire wrapped pendants. (Only one made it onto Etsy so far, but the day is still young.)
I've really gotten into this wire wrapping thing recently. Its so cool to think that you can take a spool of wire, a pair or two of needle nose and round tip pliers and a stone of your choosing, put them together, and you get this amazing, one of a kind piece of jewelry. I have a feeling that I'll be buying a lot of wire in the coming months. I think next time I make it to Michael's I'm going to pick up some copper colored wire, along with some colored wire as well. Not sure what colors though. Any thoughts?

 Here's the banded amethyst pendant I made today. I think it turned out pretty cute.

Another wire wrapped pendant. This one has a green glass stone in the center. Kind of made a basket type thing surrounding it. Not sure if I like this one yet. Maybe it will grow on me...

Earrings made from opaque stone disks with veins of turquoise. The bead is also turquoise.

Wire wrapped crystal starfish earrings. Not bad for a first try at this type of wrapping.

Well, I think that's it for today. Don't forget to comment and let me know what kinds of wire you think I should use in my upcoming projects!



Thanks for reading,

The Everyday Jeweler

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...